Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cheap Find: Mason Jars equals Mcdo Burger Meal + 25 Pesos


010120082349-pola copyPinay Bargainista Tip: In lieu of vintage mason jars, use old jars or similarly tinted glasses as vases for a cheap way to inject that vintage country feel to your home. Here, I used a coca-cola glass from Mcdo. Story below:




Mason jars are a big hit right now on both home décor and wedding blogs. It’s no wonder because aside from being pretty, these jars are very versatile. They can be used as vase to hold flowers, can be hanged with candles as lanterns or as rustic cute drinks container. It’s good and affordable way to inject that vintage country feel for those on a tight budget for their wedding or home decor. Plus, reusing / repurposing these jars helps Mother Nature.

Here are some of my inspirations:
Peony and Blue Mason Jar inspiration = wedding? HELP :  wedding Mason+jar+filled+with+pink+peonies
Mason jars with lots of flower found on weddingbee.com.
diy-mason-jar-lanterns
Hanging mason jar lanterns from thesweetestoccasion.com


dressing up a window sill found on nauticalcottageblog.com

I am not sure if we have these same jars around here. But we can still use the idea with old glass bottles that we have at home. They will look great once cleaned and can be repurposed to be part of a wedding centerpiece or as home décor. It’s a win-win since you can upcycle these jars and at the same time save money on expensive décor.  Nakatulong ka na, nakatipid ka pa.
And if you are in love with the turquoise tint of those mason jars like I do, I’ve found a tutorial on how you can put color on those old glass bottles .
As for me I have used a different glass here. Remember the coca-cola glasses that comes for 25 pesos with every McDonald’s value meal?



I noticed the other day that they look quite like mason jars: with decidedly embossed letters on its face and tinted glass. Inspired as I am, I cut some blooms and put them in my coca-cola glass and snap some pictures.

010120082347 en
Bougainvillea is cute on vases. Don’t forget to put water so the flowers can stay fresh longer.
010120082349 en
I set this on top of our table near our dorm window. These tinted glass vases instantly prettifies a window sill.
I also want a doily for my “new-found” vase but there isn’t any so I just used a paper snowflake my roommate and I made out of this tutorial from Martha Stewart.
That’s what kept me busy last weekend. Hope you got inspired to upcycle your old jars at home.
It’s another week. Hope everyone have a nice one. Will be busy with work again. ‘Til next time.
Red heartthe pinay bargainista

No comments:

Post a Comment